Thursday, June 30, 2011

Damn rolly pollys & birds

We've lucked out with the pests this year except for the rolly polly's and birds.
Dedication to an
Organic garden prohibits all the really serious pesticides but I discovered diatomaceous earth dust which is harmless to pets and humans but has razor sharp particles that shred the lungs of breathing bugs. I love the violence of it because I hate those damn stem eating bugs!

The birds have been pecking my tomatoes so last night Teri whipped me up a scarecrow. I love it when she gets creatively inspired. within an hour she had a chef scarecrow in the garden with both happy and scary faces.

























Panzanella salad with our tomatoes, cucumbers and basil.



Little tomato eater















Our first ever watermelon!

No comments:

Post a Comment